Monday, August 4, 2014

Champlain; North Ridge Trail

Hiking buddy: Just me!
Weather: mid 70s 
Mountain: Champlain (Acadia National Park)
Elevation: 1,058ft
Ascent: North Ridge Trail
Descent: North Ridge Trail
Miles of trail: 2.0
Total miles this year: 112.2

There was a hike last Sunday that involved Norumbega Mountain (via The Goat Trail), sadly, I did not take any photos... 

Thursday morning, I woke up bound and determined to get a really good hike in, another solo. Last week when I headed out on my drive toward a trail to hike on my own, I was between Penobscot and Champlain and went with Penobscot. So, for this solo hike I went with the other; Champlain! 

I love the North Ridge Trail. 

It has a little mix of everything for a hiker enthusiast such as me. Open granite faces, bushy trails through the trees...



And an amazing view of the ocean... 


 ... when it's not so foggy out on the water! Ha. 

The summit was crowded, a little too crowded for my liking. I ventured down toward the water a ways and found a nice perch to read on. Eventually the people left, and it was just me, my thoughts, and nature. Those are the best moments. 


 I snapped a quick shot from the summit before heading back down the mountain. What a beautiful afternoon it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment